About the University
Rayat Bahra University (RBU) is established under Punjab act no. 16 of 2014 vide notification no. 17-leg/2014 dated 13th August 2014 and notified by UGC under section 22 of the UGC act 1956, is empowered to award degree vide letter No. 8-23/2014 (CPP-I/PU Dated 26th Sept 2014 by University Grant Commission (UGC).
Just within the vicinity of city beautiful Chandigarh, and well within the reach of the facilities of the city stands the thriving campus of Rayat Bahra University (RBU).
The university has Engineering, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Dentistry, Management, Hospitality, Agriculture, Nursing and Law Schools of Excellence. The university offers a choice-based flexible learning system, enabling an interdisciplinary approach for learners to learn at their own pace and choose electives from other available courses as well as to take up some additional/value-added courses to increase their skills/employability.
About Origin LIFE
Origin LIFE which is located in the heart of Chandigarh, is one of the best institute for specialized infertility diagnosis in India that offers M.Sc. and Ph.D., course in association with Rayat-Bahra University (RBU) in clinical embryology and genetics to science and medical graduates from around the world. Origin LIFE has been conducting training courses in Biochemistry, Molecular Genetics, and Bioinformatics techniques for the past several years. Origin LIFE also conducts symposiums and workshops for infertility specialists and the general community.
RBU and Origin LIFE offer M.Sc. (2 Years), and Ph.D. (3-5 Years) in “Clinical Embryology & Reproductive Genetic” together to develop strong foundation in the theoretical aspects and practical skill development in clinical embryology, reproductive genetics, and infertility genetic screening. On completion of the course, students would develop skills to perform routine andrology, embryology, micromanipulation of gametes & embryos, cryopreservation of gametes, embryos & ovarian tissue, and embryo culture that are performed in an IVF centre.
- M.Sc. Clinical Embryology & Reproductive Genetics
- Ph.D. Clinical Embryology & Reproductive Genetics
Course and Its Scope
In the year 1978, since the birth of the first test-tube baby through In-Vitro Fertilization (IVF) , IVF centres have mushroomed around the world. Since infertility affects about 15-20% of married couples, it is a huge social problem in many countries. In India alone, there are more than 2000 IVF centres to treat infertile couples and this number would increase multiple folds in coming years. The exponential growth of IVF centres has necessitated the need for qualified embryologists.
At the moment, there is a huge shortage of in-house embryologists. The course “Clinical Embryology & Reproductive genetics” has been designed to meet the shortage of qualified embryologists and proposed regulatory requirements of ICMR (Indian Council of Medical research) and regulatory bodies in other countries. This course offers theoretical as well as practical knowledge in Reproductive biology, Andrology, basic and advanced embryology, reproductive genetics , infertility management and ART techniques at the master’s level. This is the only course that offers a combination of Clinical embryology and Reproductive genetics while the majority of the courses around the world are only on clinical embryology. Our course will not only help to develop skills in clinical embryology but also in genetic diagnosis, embryo biopsy for pre-implantation genetic screening. After completing the course students will equipped with sound technical knowledge of embryology & genetics and they will be ready to work in any advanced IVF centre.
- The proposed ART bill by the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) requires embryologists to have a master’s degree to work in an embryology/IVF laboratory and the above course meets the requirements as it specifically involves clinical embryology and genetics and hence an advantage who wants to pursue a career in embryology.
- Further, it is mandatory to have an in-house clinical embryologist in each IVF centre according to proposed ART bill 2020.
- Clinical embryology is an exciting and growing filed. A masters in this field will prepare students to take up career as an embryologist in the IVF centre to perform embryology work.
- After MSc, students can pursue PhD or research work as embryologist while pursuing PhD.
- Research-oriented learning
- In-house subject expert lectures
- State of the ART techniques in IVF
- Hands-on practical knowledge Generate highly skilled embryologist
Instructions to The Candidates For Admission
- Application with incomplete or incorrect information and without enclosures is liable for rejection.
- The Submitted Documents will be thoroughly scrutinized by the Selection Committee before conducting further admission procedure
- Once the Admission Letter has been emailed to the candidate he / she should acknowledge and fees to be paid within the given time. Non Acknowledgement of the same will be considered cancelled and moved on to the next candidate in line.
- All Original Documents should be produced at the time of admission for verification and admission approval by the university.
- The Documents of the Foreign Students will be sent to International Centre at the University for Eligibility Assessment further to which the admission will be confirmed.
- Fee Structure for the Eligibility Assessment & Certificate will be subject to change as per the academic year and will be notified during the course of time.